HALL 12 – STAND F104
Showcasing Smart Manufacturing Technology
At EuroBLECH, LVD will showcase Industry 4.0-ready sheet metalworking products and technology that make smart manufacturing possible. LVD products advance automated production, machine-to-machine communication and intelligent process chains to optimize the fabrication process. At Stand F104, LVD will demonstrate highly efficient and flexible solutions for the new generation of sheet metalworking.
- New adaptive bending technology specifically designed for multiple bend profiles of XXL parts will be unveiled at EuroBLECH. LVD will unveil what will prove to be the next breakthrough in adaptive bending for complex multiple bend profiles.
- New Phoenix FL 3015 fiber laser cutting system featuring 6kW laser source, automated 10-station nozzle changer and Compact Tower (CT-L) material storage and retrieval system in a 6-pallet configuration will prove its versatility. The Phoenix combines cost efficiency and dynamic laser cutting in a highly flexible all-rounder.
- ToolCell 135/30 automated tool changing press brake maximizes bending productivity through an integrated storage of tooling, housed within the machine. Tools are precisely and automatically placed in and out of the bending zone, eliminating manual tooling set-up and adjustments.
- A range of Dyna-Press high-speed electric press brakes – including a new 40-ton machine – will be demonstrated. Able to bend at speeds of 25 mm per second, Dyna-Press machines bend more parts per hour at a lower cost per part. Dyna-Press 12- and 24-ton models are compact and easily portable using a standard forklift.
- Strippit PX-1530 punch press can punch, form, bend and tap to efficiently complete multiple processes, including complex, three-dimensional parts. Now enhanced with the new TOUCH-P graphical icon-driven touch control. The machine will be shown with a Flexible Automation (FA-P) load/unload and part picking system – LVD’s most advanced automation system yet.
- CADMAN® Suite is LVD’s answer to full process integration and optimized process flow. CADMAN looks at the big picture and helps streamline the complete fabrication process – from production control, communication, planning and management to punching, bending and laser cutting – through integrated, database-driven software. A new module CADMAN-SDI (Smart Drawing Importer) allows fast CAD file import and efficient calculation of cost drivers. The complete CADMAN Suite will be demonstrated.
Register for the show as a guest of LVD : Register here.
LVD is a heavy bending specialist, having built and installed custom heavy-duty press brakes as large as 3000 tons. Recently completed is a custom-designed PPEB-H 1600-ton 12-meter press brake. Soon to be installed, the machine will be bending parts for the transportation industry.
Servo-controlled with advanced hydraulics and electronics, the custom press brake can form parts up to 12 meters long. The machine has an opening table/ram of 1070 mm, cylinder stroke of 600 mm and a gap of 1000 mm. It features heavy-duty CNC sheet followers T1-T2-T3, each supporting a maximum 600 kg, adjustable along the length of the press brake for handling large plate material. It is equipped with a 9-axis heavy back gauge and automatic programmable bed crowning. The machine is also designed for a tandem set up with a PPEB-H 640-ton 4.5-meter press brake.
Modern technology and material handling options make the job of bending heavy plate easier.
- LVD’s Easy-Form® in-process angle monitoring and correction system adapts the ram position in real-time to ensure precise, consistent bending. The bending process is not interrupted, and no production time is lost.
- The TOUCH-B touch-screen control and integrated CADMAN-B software help ensure accuracy on the first bend and consistent accuracy thereafter, and reduce the time it takes to go from part program to finished part.
- Programmable gauges, sheet followers, front sheet supports and other material handling equipment add to the overall efficiency of the bending operation and are often a necessity for precise bending of large, hard-to-handle work pieces.
Why 1600 tons?
Heavy plate fabricators in industries like heavy equipment, ship building, defense, and transportation, working with high tensile steels and fabricating parts in materials greater than 6 mm in thickness, turn to high-tonnage press brakes to:
- Fabricate parts in medium to large sections
- Bend tough steel plate
- Form long parts in a single pass
- Reduce the number of welds and secondary processing operations
- Gain versatility in producing large parts
Do you have big bending needs? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LVD Company nv has added a new module to its CADMAN® Suite of programming and shop management software. CADMAN-SDI (Smart Drawing Importer) simplifies 2D and 3D CAD file import and calculation of cost drivers so users can more quickly and accurately create job estimates. It features an integrated 3D CAD package used to check or correct imported files. CADMAN-SDI adds yet more functionality to the integrated suite of database-driven CADMAN products designed to help users optimize programming and maximize throughput in the workshop.
A CAD drawing file is imported into the module with simple drag and drop action. A file can be imported part by part or in a batch of parts using STEP, SAT, IGIS, DXF, DWG, SLDPRT, IPT, STL, WMF or a number of other file formats. Once imported, the file is converted to OSM (Open Sheet Metal) format and stored in the central CADMAN database.
CADMAN-SDI displays key cost driver information obtained from the 2D/3D file import and automatically saves the converted OSM file directly into the CADMAN database. The stored OSM files are also immediately accessible for all other modules of the CADMAN Suite for fast and efficient generation of laser, punching, bending programs and jobs scheduling.
ALL THE COST DETAILS NEEDED
CADMAN®-SDI provides all the details needed to create an accurate cost estimate, including all relevant part information, such as part name, 3D and unfolded 2D drawing, material type and thickness, as well as all cost drivers such as contour length, netto and bruto part area, bounding box 2D, 3D outside dimension, the mass of the part, cutting length, number of contours, number of bends, and more. All the data is visible at a glance on the control screen. Data can also be exported to an Excel, PDF, XML or CSV file.
INTEGRATED SHEET METAL CAD PACKAGE
CADMAN-SDI includes BricsCAD®, a robust 3D direct modeling CAD package. BricsCAD allows the 3D drawing to be reviewed in detail, modified or corrected as required. BricsCAD provides recognition of features, allows the user to modify a junction into a bend, change overlaps, create notches and lofted bends, program parametric parts and even import entire assemblies.
LVD Company nv has expanded its Dyna-Press Series of compact, high-speed electric press brakes with the addition of the Dyna-Press 40/15 Plus, a new 40-ton model that offers a working length of 1530mm featuring a precision four-axis back gauge and LVD’s exclusive TOUCH-B touch screen CNC control.
Like the other Dyna-Press models in LVD’s product portfolio, the new Dyna-Press 40/15 Plus is designed to efficiently bend parts at high bending speeds of 25 mm/s, producing more parts per hour at a lower cost per part. The coupling of the ram and servomotors is realized through two heavy-duty ball screws to distribute force and tonnage evenly across the working length. The electric ram offers smooth transition from approach to working speed and minimizes power consumption through the use of an optimal power to inertia motor ratio.
MORE BENDING FORCE & FLEXIBILITY
In addition to the fast acting ram and higher bending force, the newest Dyna-Press provides impressive production capabilities with extremely consistent repeatability and accuracy, as well as the flexibility to handle a broader range of parts through a precision four-axis back gauge.
FAST SETUP WITH TOUCH CONTROL
LVD’s TOUCH-B 15-inch touch screen control makes setup fast and efficient. The CNC control minimizes operator input and makes part programming easy and intuitive. With minimal input, the operator can create 2D and simulate in 3D on the 15-inch touch screen. The LVD TOUCH-B control also offers network connection with LVD’s CADMAN®-B programming software for added flexibility.
DESIGNED FOR ERGONOMICS
The Dyna-Press 40/15 Plus is ergonomically designed, an adjustable work height gives the operator the option to work in a seated or standing position. A self-levelling base and adjustable-height foot pedal adds to the machine’s ergonomic design.
A VERSATILE CHOICE
LVD’s new Dyna-Press 40/15 Plus joins the Dyna-Press 12/8, 24/12 and 24/12 Plus models. All Dyna-Press press brakes offer the flexibility of tooling choice. An extensive range of upper and lower tools are available: for punches, Universal, W style or US style; for dies, Universal, LVD style or US style.
LVD announces the FA-P; Flexible Automation for Punching, as its most advanced automation yet. It offers dynamic load/unload capacity, smart part picking and a large area for stacking punched parts directly onto designated pallets. FA-P is now available on the Strippit-PX punch press.
Advanced part picking and stacking
FA-P loads sheets up to 3050 x 1525 mm and material thicknesses up to 4 mm from two shuttle tables with a maximum capacity of 3000 kg.
The automation system can handle punched parts from 200 x 100 mm up to large sheet sizes. Two independent gripper arms are automatically positioned to pick the part. The suction cups are activated following the nesting configuration calculated by LVD’s offline software module CADMAN®-P. Small, closely spaced suction cups are used to pick small parts while larger suction cups are activated for picking larger parts and loading full size sheets.
Large stacking area
A large stacking area of 8 m² provides space for 8 europallets. A unique laser distance-sensor measures the height of the pallet and the stacked parts. Following this measurement, the suction cups smoothly position the parts on top of one another, forming perfect stacks. No second hand operation is required to change between pallets within the stacking zone. The skeletons are quickly evacuated from the machine onto a pallet, significantly reducing the offloading time.
Pick and sort with TOUCH-A control
Based on the job-list and the measured stack height, TOUCH-A control software picks and sorts each part onto its assigned pallet. A new job can be started with partial pallets from previous operations. Additionally, TOUCH-A allows the operator to modify the sorting based on the pallet configuration. The control counts and validates each stack of parts upon job completion.